LABhaus has an unwavering commitment to economic sustainability. We believe that the negative effects of high housing costs on families throughout the country poses just as great if not greater a concern as the environmental impact of energy-wasting and environmentally toxic housing Simply put, ignoring the negative effects of high housing costs on families throughout the country as a vital component of sustainability misses the mark by a wide margin.
As the center-point of domestic life, a home should be comfortable, attractive, durable,and affordable. Reduced energy use and high quality materials with long life cycles are both enjoyable in the present and reduce future costs. But the greatest economic impact comes with rethinking the model by which most new homes are produced in the United States.
Whereas typical speculative developments are driven primarily by the goal of generating returns on at-risk capital, LABhaus is driven by delivering the highest quality home to the consumer at the least possible price. The simplified ‘just-in-time’ process by which LABhaus homes are produced and purchased can eliminate up to 10% just in closing costs and a further 10% in construction interest and loan fees relative to conventional homes by eliminating multiple closings and the associated costs. Additionally, the LABhaus models exclude traditional developers, thus eliminating an additional 10-30% mark-up typically required to produce investor returns. Further profits taken in traditional development by de-contenting your home through the unseen use of inferior generic products or questionable construction techniques is simply out of the question. And while LABhaus homes use an extremely high-end standard specification, our streamlined supply-chain means that each item that goes into a LABhaus home delivers the greatest possible value to the purchaser.
- LABhaus homes aim to offer the highest quality product at a moderate price at a broad range of price-points
- LABhaus homes use high-quality materials designed to out-last inferior products found in competing products
- LABhaushomes are designed for superior energy efficiency, meaning substantially lower monthly utility costs
- Purchasing a LABhaus home can be just as easy as buying an energy-wasting existing home in many regional markets
- LABhaus homes are built on-demand, meaning LABhaus buyers pay for homes, not speculative profit margins and developer overhead
- LABhaus homes have a fixed costs throughout each regional market.
- LABhaus purchasers pay for the value of their home no matter where they live, not the inflated price of a neighbor’s home.
- Land is the primary variable for LABhaus prices
- The lower price of a superior LABhaus home can mean drastically shorter mortgage terms for a comparable home with the same payment amount